How to get out of a creative funk
Sometimes, being creative can be difficult. However, you can always get your juices flowing and find a new flow for your business.
- Find some artwork. Artwork is such a good way to be creative. Even if your business is not art, you will more than likely be encouraged by a new piece of art that you have not seen before.
- Take a look at your competitors. I am not in any way saying to copy, but look at what they are doing and see what you can do in your own way that follows the same theme.
- Fashion shows. Check out fashion shows if you are in that industry. For the longest time, my mom would ask me what the colors were for the season. I know how to find that information but I used to not pay too much attention to it because I just did my own thing. However, there might be a color in the upcoming season that really sparks creativity for you.
- Go for a walk or go into nature. Nature and fresh air are good for you. Venture out and relax. Give your mind a break. I like to talk and walk with a good friend. Seriously, it’s my favorite thing. I do it often.
- Scroll Instagram. If you are a business owner, you more than likely 50/50 on Instagram (or 90/10 is probably more like it). You are more than likely not to just like your friends or just follow friends. You probably follow brands hardcore. Do more of that! Follow brands and businesses that are doing social in a huge capacity. Get inspired by what’s out there.
- Go to a movie. I love this form of art. There is so much to gain from a movie if you open your mind and look at everything. Look at the streets they are walking down, look at the clothes, look at the coffee shops they go into. Pay attention to everything that crosses the screen.
- Head into the city. Find a good spot and walk around. Enjoy your city as a tourist and visit places where you’ve never been.
What are some other things you do to find inspiration? I would love to hear your thoughts.