5 Ways to Simplify Your Life
Simplifying your life is not as hard as it may seem. You just need to line out a few things and make decisions accordingly. Here are some tips for getting more time in your day and simplifying your life.
- Get rid of things that don’t matter – If it doesn’t matter, ask yourself why you are doing it. There are some things and some people in our world that we really don’t need. We should gently let go of those things.
- Let go of “should” – This one is HUGE. A lot of people live the “should have” life. “I should have this by this time,” or “I should do this because it’s nice or it’s what people expect.” If your reason for doing something is at the “should” level, that’s not a good enough reason to continue doing it.
- Have friends who are relaxing and easy to be with – One of my favorite things to do is hang out with my friends. No matter what’s going on, even if the topic is intense, it’s always the most relaxed situation. True friends don’t leave you second-guessing and wondering. You should feel joyful and relaxed. If your friend does not bring that vibe into your life, you may need to re-evaluate some things.
- Always be growing – What are you listening to? Are you getting good things in your mind? Be mindful of the fact that you are growing. It amazes me how easy it is to get good information and literally for free. Lots of people have podcasts that will help you grow and that will give you insight, so check them out.
- Do the things that matter to YOU – This goes along with the “should have” life. What actually matters to you? Just because someone gave you advice or pushed a “should” on you doesn’t mean it’s good for you or that they are happy with what they are doing. You decide what matters to YOU.
Okay, that’s it. Put these steps into action and seize the day.